For this Black Friday edition of the Salvo, I’ve mainly focused on posts concerning Ferguson. All of the issues surrounding Ferguson remind me that the hope of the gospel is that in Christ, “There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28).
1. Thabiti Anyabwile shares why he believes the grand jury got its decision wrong and injustice triumphed.
2. Voddie Baucham gives a somewhat different perspective, as a black man and as an outsider, of the Ferguson situation.
3. And Benjamin Watson, a black professional football player, gives his thoughts on Ferguson that were originally posted on his Facebook page.
4. Al Mohler sees the Ferguson moment as a moral test for our nation.
5. Russell Moore offers how the church can be used by God to bring peace to all people of all backgrounds to the glory of God.
6. And finally, on a much lighter note, the end of the year brings a list of the best books of 2014. Here’s Tony Reinke’s 14 best books 2014 and the 14 runners-up (which really makes the top 28 books).
And here is Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top on Daryl Hall’s Live From Daryl’s House singing ZZ Top’s I Thank You…