Easter is a big week, and busy week, for pastors at churches. Everything from the facilities to the service are prepared for in anticipation of the largest attendance of the year. Many guests will be in attendance. Some who have been away from church will come back. It’s an intense week in many ways.
Easter is also a busy week for all church members. We’re picking out new clothes, making plans for Sunday lunch, and inviting friends and family to attend.
I sent this to our pastors yesterday and thought these might be good for all of us to remember as we look forward to the week…
1. Remember to rejoice in the resurrection! It’s hard to lead others to rejoice if we’re not!
2. Expect our Lord to do great things this week! From the lunches to the distribution to Tenebrae to Sunday, let’s expect our Lord to save, to draw prodigals, and to do unexpected things that we would never have imagined!
3. Pray, pray, pray! Pray for me as I prepare the message, pray for Mark & the worship/tech teams, pray for our luncheons, pray for distribution, pray for the Tenebrae service, pray for our people to invite unchurched and lost folks, pray for the lost and those far from God who will be in attendance on Sunday, pray for stuff I’m not including.
4. Lead! Take time to call/contact key leaders encouraging them to work hard this week in getting people here. Who are we inviting so that we can model what we want from our people?
5. Rest! While we work hard this week, remember to rest in the Lord remembering only He can change hearts. We are the means He’s chosen to get the message out, but when we come to the end of the day on Sunday, let’s rest in Him.
I know it’s easy to say we should do this every week, and we should definitely work hard every week. But Easter is definitely special. I pray that all who read this will experience the joy of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ this week and every week!